The kids will love their vegetables in these tasty patties served with a side of melted cheese toast.
The ingredient of Bubble and squeak with cheesy toast
- 3 medium washed potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 150g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon dried breadcrumbs
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- low-fat cheese, grated
The instruction how to make Bubble and squeak with cheesy toast
- Place the potatoes, sweet potato, carrots and peas in a steamer and steam until tender. Remove and place in a large heatproof bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes then mash roughly. Stir through breadcrumbs.
- When cool enough to touch, take 1/3 cup of the mixture and shape into rough rounds. Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook each cake for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- As the bubble and squeak cakes are cooking, top the bread with grated cheese and toast in an oven grill until melted and golden. Serve with a couple of the bubble and squeak cakes.
Nutritions of Bubble and squeak with cheesy toastcalories: 166.344 calories
calories: 1 grams fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 151.74 milligrams sodium