This delicious beef, spinach and pine nut pie makes simple dinners feel special.
The ingredient of Beef and spinach pies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef and spinach pies
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add spinach and pine nuts. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until wilted. Add mint and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine then cool. Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Grease and line 2 large baking trays. Using an 11.5cm cutter, cut 24 rounds from pastry sheets. Spoon 2 tablespoons of mince mixture into centre of 1 pastry round. Top with 2 teaspoons of feta. Brush edge with egg. Top with 1 pastry round. Press edges of pastry together, brush with egg. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Place on tray and repeat.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Beef and spinach piescalories: