Looking for a chicken tikka recipe that really delivers? The chicken marinade in this Indian-style curry offers the perfect balance of spices and flavours.
The ingredient of Chicken tikka
- 750g diced chicken breast
- 260g (1 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Sharwoods tandoori curry paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chilli powder
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches English spinach, ends trimmed, washed, dried
- 12 round (15cm-diameter) flour tortillas
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken tikka
- Place the chicken in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the yoghurt, ginger, garlic, curry paste, garam masala, chilli powder and lemon juice and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Place the chicken mixture in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until just cooked.
- Preheat a chargrill pan on high. Use a large slotted spoon to transfer one-quarter of the chicken mixture to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with remaining mixture, reheating the pan between batches.
- Place spinach in a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Squeeze out any excess water.
- Heat tortillas following packet directions. Divide among serving bowls. Top with spinach, chicken mixture and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Chicken tikkacalories: 478 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 4.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 54 grams carbohydrates
calories: 39 grams protein