Fancy a mid-week lasagne? This one-dish pasta recipe makes it possible.
The ingredient of Frying pan chicken lasagne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g dried curly lasagne sheets
- 1/2 large barbecued chicken, skin removed, meat shredded (see note)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 cups grated reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 bunch English spinach, chopped
- 150g fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
- salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Frying pan chicken lasagne
- Heat oil in a 6cm-deep, 26cm (base) ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, break each lasagne sheet into 5 pieces. Combine lasagne, chicken, basil, chilli and half the mozzarella in a bowl.
- Add lasagne mixture to pan. Stir to combine. Spread evenly over base of pan. Pour over pasta sauce and 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until lasagne is tender.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat. Top lasagne with spinach, ricotta and remaining mozzarella cheese. Grill for 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted and cheese lightly browned. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Serve with salad leaves.
Nutritions of Frying pan chicken lasagnecalories: 424.942 calories
calories: 15.1 grams fat
calories: 6.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 41.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 31.7 grams protein
calories: 77 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 541 milligrams sodium