The ingredient of Roast carrot & pesto soup
- 1kg carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- Sour cream, to serve
- Pesto, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast carrot & pesto soup
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Toss 1kg carrots, peeled and chopped, and 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped in 2 tablespoons olive oil in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 45 minutes or until golden.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add 1 onion, chopped and 2 garlic cloves, crushed. Cook 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in 2 teaspoons ground cumin. Add 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock and 3 cups (750ml) water. Cover and bring to the boil. Add vegies.
- Remove from heat and set aside 10 minutes. Blend until smooth. Return to the pan and stir until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and pesto, and crusty bread.
Nutritions of Roast carrot & pesto soupcalories: 326.474 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 29 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 584.27 milligrams sodium