The ingredient of Tomatoes with spinach & gruyere
- 16 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 bunch (about 250g) English spinach, stems trimmed, washed, dried
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 55g (1 cup) finely shredded gruyere
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 12 rindless bacon rashers, halved crossways
The instruction how to make Tomatoes with spinach & gruyere
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Use a knife to slice the top from each tomato. Reserve tops. Use a teaspoon to scoop out flesh, leaving a 1cm border. Discard flesh. Place tomato shells on a baking tray.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add spinach and cook, uncovered, for 30 seconds or until just wilted. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Squeeze out excess liquid and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Kids task: Use a fork to whisk eggs and cream together in a bowl. Add cheese and spinach and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon spinach mixture among tomato shells. Top with reserved tops. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cook bacon in frying pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve tomatoes with bacon.
Nutritions of Tomatoes with spinach & gruyerecalories: 374.991 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 193 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1221.41 milligrams sodium