This slow-cooker vegetarian minestrone will be on high rotation throughout the cooler months and is perfect for lunch or dinner.
The ingredient of Vegetarian minestrone
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, core removed, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5L (10 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 parmesan rind, (or vegetarian hard cheese) (optional)
- 145g (1 cup) small dried macaroni
- 160g (4 cups) Coles Chopped Kale
- Basil pesto, to serve
- Fresh purple basil leaves, to serve
- Finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese), to serve
- Bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegetarian minestrone
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot and fennel and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and lightly golden. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Transfer to a 6L slow cooker. Stir in stock, tomato, beans and parmesan rind (or vegetarian hard cheese), if using. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Add pasta to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Remove the parmesan rind (or vegetarian hard cheese). Stir in half the kale.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with a few dollops of pesto and sprinkle with the basil, grated parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese) and remaining kale. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Vegetarian minestronecalories: 388.136 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams protein